Thursday, December 17, 2009

Comments by other health professionals in New Zealand

From Penny Wyatt:

Lactation Consultant at Capital and Coast District Health Board on hearing of Mandi's decision to stop working for Hutt Valley District Health Board --

"Hi Mandi

On a professional level I would like to thank you for your whole hearted support and encouragement.  You were one of the first to reach out in a genuine and welcoming way and help me to fit into this role when I started. I have always been impressed with your breastfeeding knowledge and your intuition, not to mention your drive, stamina, creativity and humour!  So professionally I'm sorry to lose an ally and role model.  I wish you every success with your LC work and all your other ventures.

And on a personal level, I say WHOOPEEEE!  Have a fab time you amazing woman!  See you really soon I hope!
Xxx with love
Penny"

Alison Wightman, Hutt Valley LMC:
"Thanks Mandi for all the hard work that you did at the DHB. Your input was greatly appreciated, and although it is sad not to have someone on site I can see that you are going to do some awesome work in the community! I will indeed let people know about Boobs in the Berries."

Chris Griffiths, Hutt Valley LMC:
"Well done! I will continue to recommend your class to every woman, as the women I have had who have attended your classes have been full of confidence and competence, and all has gone well postnatally."

Deb Wright, Taranaki District Health Board:
"Hi Mandi

All the very best with your new venture.

I have been meaning to email you to tell you how our PN and NNU are now frequently using the tubigrip for skin to skin.  Four staff from TDHB attended your study days earlier this year and have run with the idea and it is just great to see.

They also talked about the readiness to feed sequencing. I wonder if you still have that info or if you can tell me where I can find it.

It all seemed so clear when they discussed it. It is nice to have other staff around supporting ideas and thanks to you I have that now.

All the very best as you move into private work Mandi. It sounds very exciting and I hope we can still keep in touch from time to time.

Regards

Deb Wright
LC
TDHB"

No comments:

Post a Comment